There are some companies that really stand out when it comes to loops and samples, like, really stand out. ModeAudio is one of them.
I came across them recently and decided to check out their popular Atomic SFX pack and write a quick review it, and I have to say I'm impressed.
If you're looking for typical, lifeless, and boring FX sounds, then you won't find them here.
But, if you need something unique, gritty, and diverse, then you'll find the Atomic SFX packabsolutely perfect.
Sample Pack Contents
ModeAudio allows you to choose a format before purchase. I, for example, chose the Ableton Live format which contains drum racks and samplers pre-filled with the samples for convenience. This is a much faster way to flick through samples than scroll through in the browser.
The Atomic SFX pack contains a few different categories of samples:
- Beeps & Glitches: Incredibly unique and useful in many genres of music. Great for adding a little more complexity to your music.
- Explosions: Heavily distorted, almost industrial sounding. Very nice!
- Falls: I found the falls quite harsh, there are only a few I would use, but they're great for miscellaneous use (think DJ drops, video intros, etc).
- Impacts: Probably my favorite category. An incredibly diverse selection of quality sounds.
- Reverse: I've been mentioning tension a lot recently with the launch of the eBook, these will help!
- Rhythmic Colours: A number of loops in different tempos. I'll probably cut a few of these up.
- Risers: White noise gets boring after a while, why not use something else? This pack contains some great riser sounds.
- Sub Drops: Nothing like a good ol' sub drop that travels down from the head to the stomach.
While each of these categories sound great, I personally really like the Beeps & Glitches, Impacts, and Risers.
If I had to use one word to describe the Atomic SFX pack, it'd be diverse.
Regardless of what genre you produce, you'll find a number of sounds in this pack that, when listened to, will instantly spark ideas in your head as to how they can be used. I'd say that the pack would be even more valuable to glitch hop and bass music producers, due to its overall gritty and deep sound. With that said, this pack is for everyone.