I have to say, Fields is probably my personal favorite out of the four field recording packs. Really high quality sounds that provide a tonne of inspiration. Here's what I think of the 6 recordings:
- Crickets & frogs - this straight away makes me feel like it's the evening. It reminded me of Night Air by Jamie Woon.
- Dawn chorus - there's something incredibly relaxing about this one. The sound of birds chirping on a clear morning. It'd work great layered with another recording.
- Hedgerow rain - sometimes you want to bring the listener's mood down a bit. Using the sound of rain is a perfect way to do that.
- Hedgerow wind - this one is quite aggressive, a little too much for me personally but would be great for producers who are making something a little more hard-edged!
- Seeds popping, distant machinery, and crickets - a lot of nostalgia here. Want instant summer vibes? This is your go-to.
- Wind, bushes, and lake - I feel like this one would work best in an ambient track. It could work in dance music but I feel as if it's too much of a foreground element.